Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-12

Full, yet unsatisfied

Today was mysticality day, and I advanced quite far into level 8, but the experience was somewhat unsatisfactory.

As expected, I did finish the friar's quest, but I also made some minor errors which broke me up. When fighting the Goblin King, I forgot to tune down the Super-Secret Device, so I didn't get the special extra reward. I didn't complete the bonerdragon (got my ass kicked twice by the Conjoined Zombie mini-boss, while I could have had him, I just misclicked), so that's a nice stat boost on a stat day I missed. Even if I had defeated him, chances were slim that I would have had enough adventures left to get to the Bonerdagon.

Looking back, it's better to have stat day on day 3 than day 2. I'm all but guaranteed to have gotten the Internal Organ of Steel by that day, so you can save adventures for the stat day and really make the most of it.

My last three pulls of the day were to get the Bow Tux Outfit. That's a rocking set to wear!