Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-13

Fireworks on the Peak

A good third day, made it to level 9. Starting off with a few spectral pickles, I proceeded to pull all linoleum ore and headed for the goatlet. Slowly collecting goat cheeses, I realized I hadn't finished the Cyrpt. Mopping that up was a piece of cake, with the extra stats. Tweaked the "device", so that I got the rib of the bonerdagon, which was a good thing to boost my moxie, and better evade the goats. In fact, I could access the Orc Chasm quest. A few everything-but-outfit drops later at the Pirate Cove, I pulled the entire set, got the dictionary and headed for the Orc chasm. Noticing the relative ease of fighting ther, but little drops, I pulled all the relevant scrolls, finished that quest, headed back to Seaside town, used the leaflet, pulled two more goat cheeses, learned elemental saucesphere and with a brief intermission at the tr4pz0r, headed up to the top of the Icy Peak, filling my remaining turns (quite a few) with slaying Yeti.

I lost some turns by getting beat up, even though I could easily sustain my Doc Galactik and Mystery Juice habits with all the Yeti-meat. It's just that I wasn't all that attentive, and failed to really look at my HP/MP indicators. At one point, I found myself out of MP once more to cast a second saucestorm (two of them take down a Yeti). I crossed my fingers and hoped the stream of sauce would just pack enough punch. Nope...and not enough MP left.

My chances of running away were 50/50, especially because I think it's based on combat initiative whether you succeed or not, and I was wearing a dragging ball hat to increase my moxie and avoid getting damage. So, I desperately searched my pockets. I decided to save the remaining handful of adventures for the next day.

I finished the day by pulling my chrome staff and 2 oyster eggs for spleen-based stat boosts.