Hardcore Happenings

2006-06-21

Jumping through hoops

So, I ascended, and have now spent a few days merely adventuring around.

It's great to have so many adventures that I really don't need to worry about being efficient, having buffs, etcetera, etcetera. I've reached the Big Mountains already and it's simply so much faster than Oxycore, that I'm having more fun.

I probably would have some more speed, if KoL hadn't been so laggy. Waiting for the results of a click is a chore, so I just enjoy being not so efficient. Also, since I've got no energy to investigate how the scrumptious reagent potions have changed, I've simply skipped the bonerdagon. And since chow mein cooking has been radically altered (I still don't know how), I'm simply subsisting on reagent foods. Yum, yum.

With the Icy Peak in reach, I'll soon be in the endgame anyway. Then I can buy soda water by the dozen and simply buff in bulk. I must say it has a certain charm to play the game in this way, accepting what it throws at me, especially booze-wise (I dropped teet). Instead of farming for high quality booze, I'm just mixing up whatever I come across, which means that for today, I drunk an eggnog, a fine wine, 7 bloody beers, a fotie and finished off with a whiskey sour.

Keypunch
Turtle Tamer
Back in the Game.