Hardcore Happenings

2006-09-16

Could it be a record?

My fastest Hardcore Ascension run is 7 days, as far as I can see. Today I'm on day 4 and very close to level 10.

Is this a record in the making. It's not unpossible that I ascend tomorrow, so what will it take? Well, there's a slight problem: I'm going for the Pulverize skill :-/

Would be funny if I still made it in 6 days, but unlikely. What I will do in any case, is try to hurry it up, but take it careful with stuff like zapping.
Sooo:
0) Check if it's a clover day. Get appropiate clovers.
1) Get a DD Key (or zap the DD item)
2) Farm the Kitchen for reagent food items (use a clover or two if necessary)
3) Adventure my effects off at either the Peak or the Airship
4) Cook foods, eat foods. (3 reagent pasta and bat haggis)
5) Barrel for drinks, drink drinks
6) Get to level 10, if I'm not there yet. Do the Airship, don't forget to get a Metallic A.
7) Turn the Giant Castle Wheel over moxie (visit the Council), get all the items, open the HitS
8) Farm the Hits, turn the wheel back to muscle (visit the Council before that).
9) Do the Tower Dance.
10) Level like a madman at the Castle.

Easy enough?
The thing is, suppose I want my 5-day or 6-day record, the skill I'd have to settle for taking if it's close is "Hide of the Walrus", and if it's not close, but I don't make it to level 15, It's "Musk of the Moose" or "Northern Exposure". Wanting specifically more combat adventures is pretty rare, and you need cold protection every run... We'll see how it goes.