Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-14

They Might Be Giants, But They Still Lose!

And another level was gained! The day started off with a bunch of pickles and a few more trips to the Peak. Then I hit level 10.

A single fight in the Beanbat cave was enough to get the enchanted bean. I raced up the beanstalk, had no trouble worth mentioning on the airship, and started slugging it out in the Giant Castle. I did lose a bunch of turns by not paying attention and getting beat up. I might have already made it to level 11, if it hadn't been for that. Also interesting to note is that the small amount of extra damage done by the newly acquired jalapeno and jabanero saucespheres was, in fact, necessary to finish the giants off. I was pretty lucky in my chore wheel adventures, so the stat gains from that were well-timed. I'm slowly bleeding dry in the meat department, with all the recuperating costs incurred from buying Doc Galactik potions and Magical Mystery Juice.

Besides the food pulls, I took out a bunch of Star stuff (Hat, Shirt, Crossbow) to aid in giant slaying. All other pulls were to pre-emptively get stuff needed for the inevitable run through the Sorceress Lair tomorrow. Tomorrow (like today) will basically be a run on autopilot. All I got to remember is that it'll be more efficient to pull chow mein than pickles.