Hardcore Happenings

2006-09-17

The Invention of the Wheel

One of the first inventions, and oh so useful. In KoL too. It's currently stuck on Myst, though, so tomorrow, I'll have to turn it counter-clockwise. Level up to 11.

In retrospect, I understand why everybody said "Take Polka", from AT, it really chafed of turns of farming off my run, giving me all sorts of useful stuff, and I should've gotten it earlier.

The advantage of having all the (passive) meat+ and itemdrop+ skills pays off as well, even though I mainly got them to expedite getting the Golden Meat Stack Trophy.

For tomorrow this is the plan:
0) Dear Jick, let it be a clover day, because getting past the skeleton key guy is so much easier that way
1) Farm for scrumptious reagent food. (yes clovers, yes?)
1.5) Turn the wheel to Muscle.
2) Fight in the Castle, up to level 11
3) The Tower
4) Kill the Sorceress, break the prism
5) Drink TPS drinks (yay Bodyslam!)
6) With all the combat-avoid++ skills, I will use the Wheel to get to level 15, ASAP.

And for my next run?
Well, I've become somewhat obsessed with all the cool, high quality drinks, and a bit bored discovering that for best gains, I'm stuck to drinking straight from the bottle (farming fruit ain't worth it, except perhaps a fast hippy suit). Once I'm able to craft advanced cocktail, the White Citadel Quest might be worth it, though. (Hippy Suit, White Citadel Burger as filler, Cloaca Cola for MP restore and the reward as neat bonus), even though it's a turn-stealer.

So: I keep Pulverize and go straight for Disco Bandit (don't pass Turtle Tamer, don't collect a TT skill). I've considered following the traditional Class trail, and keeping "Chronic Indigestion" from the TT as some sort of "food-related" skill, but it just doesn't seem worth it. So, a pathless Disco Bandit it will be, with Super Human Cocktailcrafting as my goal, to be followed by another DB run, to keep the "mere" Advanced Cocktailcrafting skill.