Hardcore Happenings

2006-11-13

Bedroom Antics

Just to get a feel of the place, I switched from the Gallery to the Bedroom. I'm not sure whether the stats are better there. The problem is that I'm comparing it to a stat day.

I do know that I eventually got the special myst non-combat up to the max of 200 substats, while the monsters there have an intrinsically higher gain. I also thought the meat might be better, but it turns out that for all intents and purposes, the meat on this run has to come out of my reserves.

With two hockey sticks and grimacite shirt and ur-kel's aria, I switched to a pumpkin bucket for my familiar, which is now only 35 xp shy of being full weight.

That's all still messing in the margin, as is forgetting to eat a snowcone and cupcake every twenty turns. The core of it is that my stat gains need to be dramatically efficient in some way, while right now I'm feeling like I'm just chafing on a few statpoints per turn here and there, which is, of course, good in the long run. I also should test whether the papaya potion _really_ gives +2 stats...it seems so unlikely. Especially after I found out it can be made with regular saucecrafting. I still bought "Way of the Sauce" but I'm having doubts whether to keep it.

Tomorrow, I really should adventure with mafia, to keep better track of everything. Maybe put my stainless steel slacks back, re-equip the wax lips and hang out in the Gallery once more. Dual Ice Sickles beat the Pilgrim shield, however.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 15 Sauceror
Turns Played (this run): 1,281
Days Played (this run): 6
Mysticality base: 220
You must gain 9 Mysticality to advance to level 16.