Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-24

Day Two: The plot thickens

Much was achieved today, but some goals are still open. Hardcore is fun! I'm not following a worn-out path, but I'm experiencing that there are options, and once again realizing the depth and breadth of the game.

Equipping the Crimbo Elf, I quickly got Knob Goblin Tongs (and some yummy cottage cheese!). At the Knoll I got a frilly skirt, which I promptly equipped and reached level 4. I started adventuring at the Bat Cave with my own bat, and used the meat to buy more arena wins. A lead necklace owner is me. Constantly, I forget to switch it when I switch familiars, and the process is a bit arduous, but oh well. Took the Crimbo Elf back to the Knoll and got the last stuff for the Cave adventure.

My head proudly adorned with an Elder Turtle Shell, I set off to the "Fun" house, hoping to get bloody clown pants. I got a disease, an acid-squirting flower, clown shoes and some boxes instead. Not bad. My next stop, pixelhunting, turned out to be still a bit to tough. Maybe I could use hairspray, but I need that meat. I started to focus on the Boss Bat, destroyed two of the walls and reached level 5.

My adventures running to a close, I thought I might aim for a Chef-in-the-Box. I could afford an oven already, which I used to cook up shroom-kabobs, rat-appendix kabob and even a ghuol-egg quiche. The Knoll had dropped enough beer to be able to drink to the limit. I did get a skull, still need a brain and a chef's hat. Collaterally, I found a dead guy's watch, which is pretty neat.

I drove to the shore to drink myself over the limit and was faced with choosing between a 100-meat IPA or 270-meat Lumbering Jack...meat being such a limiting factor, I picked the IPA. I autosold some non-essential stuff to up my meat supply. Then I thought I might untinker the meatcar for today...when I visited the untinkerer, I was in for a unpleasant surprise, yesterday I had been to low-level to get the screwdriver quest., and I had not visited him today. Then again, I didn't have a maiden wig yet, either, so the issue was moot.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 5
Newt Herder
Turns Played (this run): 183
Days Played (this run): 2