Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-16

No Keys for 'Punch

A true boozetafarian day-two fest. A vesper, followed by the bottle of single-barrel whiskey I had bought pre-emptively, followed by an especially salty dog. Then adventuring to get the liver of steel, followed by a vesper.

Got the meatglobe gift from the shore. The crypt wasn't that hard to clear, but I did have trouble with the bonerdagon. Might be the ranged weapon effect. I equipped the Coffee Pixie instead and went at it in the Thugnderdome. That did net me some flanges, but not a single clockwork key. For the final few adventures, I pulled lavender polka-dot eggs, put on some hairspray, and moxie-boosting gear. Strangely enough, I don't have an asbestos crossbow handy! Nor do I have any leather chaps...

Anyway, it still was enough to take care of the Bonerdagon, and after cracking his chest, I leveled up and bought Phat Loot. That ought to help me finally gather some keys.

In style, I slugged down a vesper and ended the day, with 25 adventures extra adventures, when I snore off my hangover.