Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-27

Boom! Backfarming!

My chef exploded while cooking some stuff post-adventuring :-)

Luckily, I already have most replacement parts. Except for a box.Seems like the appropiate time for some backfarming. I need a razor-sharp can lid, spider web and acoustic guitarrr still too, anyway.

Or waste time on getting the "Gourdcore" Trophy. Which is best left to a Disco Bandit or Accordion Thief, though. Spider webs drop the easiest (sometimes two of them drop in one encounter), and those classes can get either Mad Looting Skillz or Leon's Phat Loot Lyric.

On another note: I'm 2 days ahead of the pace of my previous Hardcore run. And that includes a full day of eating/boozing missed out on. Is it simply the increased stat gainage from ESD's at the brewerey and an Empathized & Smile-Sharpening Stoned Cheshire Bat? Or am I playing the game more refined, such as recognizing the power of spicy burritos? With my upcoming RL trip, which will probably mean a reduction in computer access, I shall probably not break my previous ascension time, though.

On yet another note: Tomorrow I prolly have the last day of adventuring before the trip. Blood of the Wereseal seems an attractive option, with the +50% bonus. Combined with the infernal insoles, that might open up the way for headbutting the giants to death. (How do you headbutt a giant, anyway? In the shins?)