Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-26

Day 11: It's ridiculous!

A fun day of adventuring. Again, I failed to win from "The Opposition", but I'm crawling closer :-)

Basically, I ended up tying up various loose ends and quite effectively so. I got through the goats and got a Hot and Cold Running Outfit from the Ninja's. I managed to finish the Pirate Outfit and get both an abridged dictionary, as well as a Pirate Shirt. The Cyrpt got undefiled. I accidentally fought the last fight there in my bugbear beanie and bungguard, but the lihc eye pie and flower petal pie, for which I had put that outfit on, were enough to see me through that one.

The most fun part of the day was the variety in cooking, cocktailcrafting and...smithing. Besides petal pies, I made some bean burritos. Pirate Rum with stored spices and Cyrpt Ghuol Eggs netted me eggnogg, while I could fill in the rest with bloody beer from the brewery. Smithingwise, it really got interesting. A chrome helmet turtle was just the beginning. A penguin skin buckler replaced my infernal insoles, which meant +5 moxie at the loss of 10% iniative (and heat resistance). But replacing my sticky meat pants with penguin shorts means I regained 20% iniative, at the loss of 3 moxie.

Net result: +2 moxie, +10% iniatitive, +75 outfit power, +20 damage absorption, loss of heat resistance.
Seems like a fair tradeoff and is only possible because of Armorcraftiness. That skill is going to be a keeper, for sure.

Statwise, I somehow managed to reach level 10. Must've been all the good eating and drinking, and focusing on muscle, instead of secondaries. I prolly need some chore wheel work to correct that.

And, oh yeah, also garnered myself a dead guy's watch. For that vital extra turn :-)

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Rattlesnake Chief
Turns Played (this run): 1,134
Days Played (this run): 11