Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-27

Day 12: Up the Stalk

Linearity has set in. It's all straightforward from here to the Sorceress.

I added the Gnefarious Pickpocketing Skill to my repertoire and finished up the Valley of Rofl'mao. My elite deeds did not go unrewarded, but it took a long time to gather all relevant scrolls. I have a nice collection of flaming talons, flaming talons and that sort of stuff.

Running up the Beanstalk, I made nice progress in the castle, even though a few of the MagiMechTech MegaMechs beat me up. SGEEA in combination with Scrolls of Drastic Healing or Medicinal Herbs make it a small loss, however. In the last few adventures, I got the Castle Map and S.O.C.K. and immediately got beat up in the Giant Castle. Maybe I need more HP? Anyway, I'll be spending quite some adventures here, before I can take on the HitS. Blegh. I've bought the "Ghostly Shell" skill, in the hope that it will make that small bit of difference towards not getting beat up and rather merely getting the complete shit kicked out of me.

On the booze front, some goat-supplied whiskey mixed well with Dyspepsi-Cola to supplement the steady diet of IPA. On the food front, I wanted pizza. However, I lacked tomatoes. Plundering the Hippy Camp, I got the Hippy Outfit just in time to buy tomatoes. Sadly, I won't have any use for all the fruit, as my supplies of good booze consist of 1 bottle of gin and 1 bottle of whiskey. Two shakes and then it's back to whatever the brewery offers. Pizza won't last long either, just until the goat cheeses and knob sausages are consumed. From then on, it's back to (spicy)(enchanted) bean burrito.
I also have two Cocoa Eggs, which I could turn into Lucky Surprise Eggs on the next clover day.

Fun facts:
Spicy Enchanted Bean Burrito has reached 7th place in my favourite food list (26 consumed)
Infinitesimal IPA has reached reached 3rd place in my favourite booze list (63 consumed)

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Rattlesnake Chief
Turns Played (this run): 1,264
Days Played (this run): 12