Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-15

Day 5: Disco Magnifico!

The day started off good enough, by making a meat crossbow (to be upgraded to Kentucky fried-meat crossbow in a few days).

Then, I discovered it was clover day at the hermit, so I did 3 spice-cycles and got the banjo strings, as well as a loose clover, for the Disco Banjo.
Time to start back-farming. Sadly, I had accidentally visited the Pretentious Artist, so got those two adventures as well. In the end, a razor-sharp can-lid and two (just lucky) spider webs could be thrown into my closet.

One adventure at Fernswarthy immediately gave me the brain I had coveted the days before.

Some unfinished business in the 8-bit realm had to be taken care of next. In a reasonable amount of time, I gathered all the pixels for the final red pixel potion, as well as all 30 white pixels for the Digital Key. I even had some spare pixels left for MP-providing blue pixel potions!

Speaking about keys, I tried my luck at the Daily Dungeon next. Of course, at the first fight, I got apathized. Luckily, all other encounters, up to room 8, were fights as well, which I could manage. Room 8 was a troll, who, even after wearing the apathy off in the Knob Goblin Treasury, still proved too strong for me to armwrestle. Having run out of adventures and nearly drunk (monkey wrenches at the brewery), I spent my final sober adventure on gaining access to the Shadowy Store. I should add "ye olde golde frontes" to the wishlist :-)

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6
Sample Swindler
Turns Played (this run): 353
Days Played (this run): 5