Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-07

Pastamagncer: This Time It's For Real!

I did the whole first day thing. You know. Get a screwdriver and build a meat car. Go on vacation. Kill the King and the Bossbat, traipse through the woods, till you get to the Friars. That sort of stuff.

Actually, I was quite lucky with the level 6 Friar's quest. After shoring a few times, I was able to adventure at the Frat House and gain stats quick enough to reach level 6. With 26 adventures left, and being a teetotaller who had already eaten till he was stuffed, I had only small hopes I would be able to get the Stomach of Steel. First adventure at the Dark Neck netted me the dodecagram. First adventure at the Dark Elbow, the butterknife! Less than a dozen adventures at the Dark Heart was enough to get the birthday candles. A Stomach of Steel owner was me!

I didn't have such a good idea where to go next, so I kept adventuring at the Orcish Frat House. Equipped with a Jekyllin belt that's a lot of booze. Which I can't drink. I generally had quite great fortunes with stuff dropping (such as a frilly shirt). Weerily enough, I had the most trouble getting sprockets for the car and the Pine-Fresh Airfreshener for the Bat cave. Or low-level pants.

The belt's a neat Mr. Store item, if you ask me.