Hardcore Happenings

2006-01-07

Day 11: Set Mind-Control Devices to Ridiculous!

Today, all adventuring was done with the MCD set to 11. At first I was worried that my moxie might horrible overshoot, but my stats are actually looking pretty good. My intention is to play daily from here on, if I can, see how fast I can make it.

The snowcones are really beneficial! First, I could cast a tonne of Empathy and keep fighting in Menagerie Level 3, without any worries due to a regenerative purple snowcone. Then I reached level 8 and went on the trapper quest. I used a new-fangled trick I got from my clannies to move through the mines somewhat smoothily and used a a different snowcone to increase drop rate for the goat cheese. I used various familiarboosting snowcones in between. Even ran the daily dungeon (boris ring :-() and took 2 more holidays in between (hurray, got the fence!). After finishing the trapper quest, I gathered the swashbuckling outfit before I dared to go to *that* place. The Yeti.

Using a red snowcone (more meat), empathy, buttrock hair, the clock effect, seal clubbing frenzy and an elemental saucesphere, I went there with shaking hands. I Lunging Thrust Smacked the Yeti. Dead! And that at setting 11. The initiative boosts from the various items were more than enough. I didn't even need to wear penguin shorts.

My luxury problem is that I only got two chrome ore from the mines. I had to make the choice, either make a chrome sword, or a chrome helmet turtle. Seeing as how I already got a good hat and that other possible hats that might drop along the way (f3d0r4, mohawk wig, wolf mask) ain't half bad, I went for the extra turns from the chrome sword. Another turtle saved.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Otter Crusher
Turns Played (this run): 511
Days Played (this run): 11

PvP-wise, I was only slightly less yellow in my choice of targets. I pondered using Hatorade, but instead opted to use that reserve of spleen for strongness elixir.

Ranking: 79
Fights Won: 103
Fights Lost: 41