Hardcore Happenings

2006-01-05

Day 8: Mystical Moments

Well, I really progressed the game in certain aspects. I was a bit sloppy at first keeping up Empathy, but eventually wisened up in that regard. Finished the Pixel Hunt, turned to the Friar's and the Cyrpt.

Level 6 and 7 is where Elemental Saucephere really proves its worth. The Friar's took a slightly higher than average time to beat, and the reward isn't all that great. Spleen Health. Yay... Fighting at the Cyrpt wasn't too bad, except that it doesn't drop meat. Seeing as how I had just spent several days without income, a lot of time at the Pixel guys (who don't drop meat) and had used soda water to cast scrumptiuous reagents, I was running a bit low on it and alternated with trying the laboratory and menagerie, with different attires (with and without infernal insoles, various MCD settings) and gained a bit of meat and some stats. I eventually also bought Thrust Smack. Using moxieboost, my (lunging) thrust smacking powers and elemental saucesphere, I cleared the Cyrpt, except for the heart. I didn't have the heart to take the Bonerdagon on just yet. I spent a little time at the beach (6 advs) and some more in the laboratory, with a turned up MCD.

I realized that farming those reagents over the day had been a bit wasteful. I have so many now, and since I don't have a chef in-the-box, I won't be using them all. Next run, I'll make less of them. I used one of them however with the grapes I had found along the way, for a wrath potion. Cranked the MCD to 10 and went out to crush the bonerdagon with pure force. Now I have a cool item, the bonerdagon necklace, which is going to fit nicely into a superstrategy. The necklace gives +5 muscle and moxie, but more importantly, a 30% initiative bonus.

Now, the advantage is that I can crank up the MCD, (L)TS mobsters and gain stats fast. Makes it worth reconsidering what skill to take into the next Ascension. The Claws look more and more appealing now. I don't expect much bonus from my Advanced Meatsmithing.

In other good news, I also picked up a dead guy's watch along the way. I'm up to 45 adventures/day.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Narwhal Pummeler
Turns Played (this run): 376
Days Played (this run): 8

PvP-wise, I made a major error. I drank the wrath potion a turn to soon, letting it expire once I ran out of turns. This left me unbuffed and still in the lower echelons of 13-a-day flower runs. I also realized that I had been selling flowers at my stores, while forgetting to bouquet my campground. All a bit silly.

No PvP data noted, sadly.