Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-26

Day 9: Ascension Surprise!

The Meagre reagents I had collected, proved more than enough to empty the Hole. My dungeon run was lucky and gave me the final Sneaky Pete's Key.

I used Clovers to get Grabbags (and consequently, knob sausages) from the kitchen, but again was faced with a lack of Knoll Mushroom. The Knoll is quite the overcrowded area. It warrants splitting up, or dropping a few less useful adventures, such as the One-Eyed Gnoll. After about 20 turns, I did get the Gnollish Warchef, and he dropped 2 Knoll Mushrooms. I decided to use the Knoll Mushroom I already had, and the two I had gotten to make knob sausage chow mein. My other meal would be a bat wing chow mein. So I farmed the hole for 8 adventures, before I got a bat wing (all dropping skills, Crimbo Elf, whine, whine, whine). Then I discovered I still needed a dry noodle. Luckily, the second Knob Goblin Master Chef dropped that.

From there on it was adventure-time at the Castle. Stats quickly accumulated, I used the Crimbo Elfling to get a wolf mask (got extra wolf masks, later) and reached level 11, with lots of adventures to spare. The Entrance Cavern was a piece of cake, I only needed to kill two Topiary Golems, to solve the Hedge Maze puzzle and started going up the tower. All was going well, until I hit level 6. Moo! Holy cow! 6 trips to the shore later, I had 24 adventures left and was at the top of the Tower.

The arena was a bitch to level your familiars. Well, at least the first few fights, it was hard to find a match. So that cost me some time. I was lucky that I already had the two Tiny Plastics Crimbo Familiars. The Sorceress went down without too much trouble after that, and with 6 adventures left, I had done it again.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 11
Reindeer Threatener
Turns Played (this run): 1,261
Days Played (this run): 9

I decided to PvP a bit, and better would've left that. I lost a few fights, which were costly in rank. This because I lacked reagents, and am, in the words of the wise Soulcake best described as "Reagent hor".

PvP Ranking: 96
Fights Won/Lost: 43/13

Well, close to a hundred points taken to the other side, anyway. Not completely worthless. And my oxy runs aren't going to get me on the Ancestral leaderboards any time soon. Although I do wish I had some idea where in relation to that leaderboard I stand.

And then:
- Unpacking presents
- Getting tattoos
- Managing the museum
- etc.

I'm planning to hold off ascending until I have those Crimbo Trophies!