Hardcore Happenings

2006-06-26

Planning works!

Having a plan ready meant that I could defeat the Sorceress simply in a single day. I felt quite victorious and it only required small changes to the planning.

I haven't jumped through the gash yet, because I want the Tao of the Terrapin skill and I also want to make progress in regards to some expensive Trophies.

I've focused myself on PeakFarming, which is going quite nicely with the help of KoLmafia. Since the last time I used that program, it has really, really, really progressed a lot. It's such a wealth of information and help, it's great.

On to the Trophy work.

Trophy progress:
German Aviators: 34 out of 99 expensive smurfs
Mexican Friends: 40k (at least) out of 1000k each.
Frisco Dreamers: 280 out of 420 smurfs devoured.

My progress and prognosis report is:
40k each for the Mexican friends a day. (24 days)
2 German smurf a day (33 days)
10 Frisco smurfs a day. (14 days).

I have no idea how many days it will take to get to level 15, but I think that will be less than 14. (already have 137 out of 200 muscle). Doing the math there is a bit too complex for me, although I'm trying to balance the optimum between meat- and statfarming. For example, I'm using monster level 16, and I could up this to 21 eventually. In the balancing vein, my Cheshire Bat has a smile-sharpening stone. On the other hand, I do have Wasabi Sinuses, which reduce substat gains by 1.
For the higher levels, I might eventually have to leave the Peak and switch my attention to the Castle-in-the-Sky.

But really, I see little point to do this, except to prevent boredom, in the coming 14 days. Another issue is the implementation of NS 13, which might make me want to hurry another hardcore ascension or two in that time, for that couple of extra skills.

One thing I'll do is upgrade my drinking habits from White Canadians (for the PvP-mini) to Bodyslams (for the adventure/stats).