Hardcore Happenings

2006-07-12

Planning for Post-Peak

First, I'll spend 5 turns at the peak. Then I'll be run out of buffs. Then I'll check for clovers. If it's a clover day, I'll get 1 clover for the tower, and after that I clover a few grab-bags.

I'll rebuff with elemental, empathy and linguini and do the DD, after that I farm for food at the Knob Kitchen, if it wasn't a clover day.

Food plan: Two spaghetti-with-skullheads, delicious spicy noodles.

Then an enchanted bean for the road. Why have I stopped farming this at the lower levels, and in my last few runs always had to go back?

With that settled, I'll tackle my booze problem at Menagerie Level 3.
I need 7 bottles of booze, preferably one of which is bottle of rum, so I can make eggnogg.
First 6 drinks + bloody beer.

Then, I depart from the norm and get the zapping wand. My rationale is that if I get a non-key item on day 4 and plan to ascend on day 5, I'll have enough zaps to not require going to the DD again, and still be able to zap a white picket fence, if it comes to that.

After that it's all standard as she goes. Yeti-slaying at the Peak. Into the Castle, with hopefully a quick metallic A. Turning the wheel over mysticality to gather star stuff and back over mysticality to muscle in order to gain fast levels.

From there on it's the standard crap of the Sorceress Tower. We'll survive, and probably not reach that tomorrow (and probably neither the day after, but we can have our hopes).