Hardcore Happenings

2006-07-05

Keypunch and Grin Reaper go to White Citadel

Heeee! New questage! And full of references to a fantastic movie I saw and liked.

I also managed to tie up the loose end of getting the Knob Gob screwdriver and the tr4pz0r quest (used the 5k for Gnefarious Pickpocketing), plus a DD key.

The new quest took about 40-ish adventures. The benefit is the access to White Citadel, with the better-than-soda MP restorers. The lucky rabbit foot isn't half bad either. You can increase your droprate with 27% by merely using the right items, now (+15% monocle, +5% miner's helmet, +7% rabbit's foot).

The opportunity to get a few outfit items (orcs, hippies, eXtreme) in advance is also a neat feature.

I missed out on a Trophy yesterday! Bummer! Doubly so because I had considered the possibility of it being there, then didn't pursue it because I considered that Jick is not much of a "patriot" in the polluted sense of the word.

It's another "shirty" day at the Raffle House, "shirty" being the nickname that has been given to the Grimacite guayabera, which is a shirt that give monster level bonus, which is a *want* item for softcore speed ascenders. I've bought 100 tickets this time, participating in the silly meat sink.

Boozewise it was a downer day. The special was green beer. IPA seems nerfed? I drank White Lightning and IPA, topped with a shot of orange schnapps.

Plans for tomorrow:
- Get a zapping wand
- Fight Yeti
- Open up the Mysterious Island
- Farm some quality booze

I'm moving into end-game, mostly hampered by the low turn-rate of Boozetafarian. I've mostly made up my mind to keep Gnefarious Pickpocketing as skill. After all, it allows me more choice in Zodiac if I keep it now. My next ascension should focus on a skill I'd really want. I'll make a separate post for that.