Hardcore Happenings

2006-12-18

Mad Dash

Stat days are so much fun. After getting to level 3 last time within 25 turns, today I got all the way to level 9.

I did run a bit out of steam in order to get the most out of it. I could have teetdropped (I still could!) to keep going. Then again, I'm looking for a Teetotal run here and tomorrow is another stat day. The Level 7,8 and 9 quests all need to be visited and this will get me quite near ascension, I think. Logistically, considering the need for DD keys, I might just as well stick to a 4-day schedule, and see if I can do it Teetotal style.

However, it does require planning, so after the sign-off, the planning.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9 Caribou Smacker
Turns Played (this run): 269
Days Played (this run): 2
Sign: The Opossum
Path: Teetotaler (Hardcore)

The planning:
Day 3:
Farm first, to finish level 8 quest, after that, continue farming for dinner plan (two more goat cheeses for a meal-plan of 1 gnochetti and two fettucini, finished with a manetwich)
After that, get a DD item.
Next up, the Bonerdagon can get a good thwacking.
The question is where I am adventurewise and statwise at this point. I prefer to go to level 10 and go for the beanstalk area over taking on the level 9 quest, which would be a waste, due to the shoring. I can more easily smash and smith above-beanstalk itemry too, while the Gallery would not be so useful.
I'll see where I end up on this quest.

Day 4:
I should have plenty of meat to open up the Dungeons of Doom, and shore off meat with Teleportitis. Get my zapping wand and get another DD key. Using my drop-familiar I can farm some goat cheese for Fettucini (3 of them) and finish the level 9 quest ASAP (possibly using my Drop-familiar). After this I probably will have enough mainstat, but lack mysticality offstat to do the Sorceress quest, so I'll make up for that in the Gallery.

Defeat the Naughty Sorceress.
See if I can level up to 13 (or 14) and buy that skill(!).
Ascend.