Hardcore Happenings

2006-12-04

Yuletide

In the spirit of Crimbo, I've decided to ascend as a Disco Bandit.

My goal is to (with the help of scaling elf-types) to get this Disco Bandit to level 30. Hence, I chose the path teetotal (even though I just received whiskey!). I'm gonna pathdrop, of course.

Ascending with a nearly full weight Crimbo Elf and using the Yuletide troll (hey, this will be a CRIMBO run!) is interesting. In the old-fashioned sense of the word. Seeing as I couldn't drink and lack my usual tonnes of meat, I had to maneuver quite carefully.

My diet:
1 candy stake (from the advent calendar)
1 painful penne pasta (dry noodles summoned and jabanero pepper from the hermit, which I wanted to use for insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito, but no spices)
1 tangerine (upgraded a grapefruit from the fruit monster)
1 stalk of asparagus (dropped from the pantry, these things are great food!)
1 shoots & leaves (from "Crimbo Rock Eating Cave")
1 kiwi (more upgraded fruit golemy goodness)
1 kumquat (and even more!)
1 gingerbread massacre (from the "Crimboween Spooky Cafe)

Odd foods, but fun to expand my diet. From tomorrow onward, I'll be eating reagent dishes again.

I really like the toy mercenary. Far more effective than the toy veteran. A handful of meat for 30 guaranteed damage. Especially fun with dual-wield.
I'd like to make at least a crazy train (+10% meat) and the vampire-duck-on-a-string (+5% items).

The train can replace me passing up on the monocle. And the duck will make a nice weapon to dual-wield with the shillelagh.

This is going to be a weird run.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 4 Jiggy Grifter
Turns Played (this run): 117
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Opossum
Path: Teetotaler (Hardcore)