Hardcore Happenings

2007-04-18

Day 8: The skinny

Somewhere I lost the drive to play. That not-withstanding, I did play today, and I must say that the added skins/hides/furs and their recipes, as well as long-anticipated shirt-recipes have added a lot of flavour to the game. In a more enthralled period, I'd be ecstatic, now I'm merely really pleased. I smithed a "clownskin harness", which correctly describes itself as "It is also the single most horrible garment in the entire game." Hahahaha. A demonskin buckler as well, I'd love to make a demonskin jacket, but the clownskin fitted me better (LOL). Maybe I should have made demonskin pants, but I'm going to hold out for the penguin shorts, anyway. Maybe make a nice shirt from the trapper hides?

Anyway, smithing galore, I even sidetracked to South of the Border to make a Super Magic Power Sword X (bit stupid, since I've got a shilly).

All in all, not bad for a day's play:
Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8 Salamander Subduer
Turns Played (this run): 381
Days Played (this run): 8
Sign: The Marmot
Path: Oxygenarian (Hardcore)