Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-17

Day 7: Bartender!

The first adventure of the day meant the demise of the Boss Bat. We hardly knew ye. The second adventure was at the Tavern and gave me two beer lenses. The hunt for the bartender-in-a-box had begun.

I wanted to help the Deep Fat Friars, but got beat up by an archfiend and needed an extra mysticality point before I could equip the Breath Spray. So, I would go farming for items, but first I wanted Power of Observatiogn, which I could afford by raiding the treasury. With the help of that skill and Flip, the Crimbo Elfling, I got the skull and brain in no time.
Time to try the Daily Dungeon. I got beat up by a spooky skull and a refridgerator, but that just meant excuses to visit the Shore. In the end, I did get the Boris Key. Hurray!

The next step for the bartender-in-a-box was the box. I spent some time at the Fun House, secretly hoping to get a disease and some booze as well. Maybe even an acid-squirting flower, for the final fight. Too bad, I got two boxes. The bartender-in-a-box was nearly complete, except for the cocktailcrafting kit.
With the Breath Spray, I could handle the monsters at the Copse. The first two items were gotten easily, but the last really required some persistance. I also suffered some "throwback to main map" here. On the upside, I gathered a lot of wussiness potions, Imp Ale and a ruby W at the last place, which will serve me later in the game, especially at the Sorceress. At last, I had already been visiting the Microbrewery for IPA, I got dodecagrammage! A Liver of Steel owner is me! Next up on my hit list: The Goblin King.

Just a handful of adventures in the harem gave me at least the items I needed to kick his butt. I kinda did overkill, by drinking a shot of flower schnapps (Microbrewery Special), but better safe, than sorry. He did get the jump on me, but he didn't get a single shot in. Now I had the meat to buy that cocktail crafting kit, and a bartender-in-a-box proudly adorns my campsite.
I spent the two other flower power adventures fighting Cyrpt lihcs. No lihc face, sadly. I thought I could safely swith to fighting a few skeletons, but I immediately got confronted with the boss skeelton (or however it's misspelled). Two wussiness potions and a lot of smacking with my diamond-studded cane shut him up, which means 20% of that Quest has been completed, as well.

I used my final adventure to do a spice cycle (eggnogg is nigh) and drop one ten-leaf clover in the stash. A final IPA sealed this day of many accomplishments. I can happily and thoroughly revise my plans for tomorrow and the coming days.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Move Buster
Turns Played (this run): 524
Days Played (this run): 7