Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-05

Softcore 1&2: Pastamagncer

Before doing the new Hardcore run, I want to get the Gnome Trophy. And to get a bit of a feel for the pastamancer, I might as well do it with at least one softcore Pastamancer run.
I already have three of the skills, so one regular attempt and a teetotal one under the moxie sign should be enough.

I've been toying a bit with the Gingerbread Bugbear, and I like him at certain points. The mana offset can be compensated with magical mystery juice, but you do need to have a Cheshire Bat as well then, to pay for the juice.

On the first day, I couldn't get all I wanted done before roll-over, due to masssive lag. Basically, I would've liked the stomach of steel before roll-over, but no such luck. With "system down within one minute", I simply chugged my remaining pulled Sangria del Diablo, put on my roll-over gear and it was called a day. Not bad to reach level 6, though.

On the second day, I decided it might be wise to save some adventures for tomorrow, stat day. I did make the stupid mistake of pulling grog and lime, instead of sangria and cherries. The Friar's quest was completed and Stomach achieved, but what next? I spend some time at the Hippy Camp for Feng Shui and a bean bag chair, but they wouldn't drop anything. I ended up pulling both :% Basically, the RNG was against me. I had taken a lot of time against the Friar's already, the hippies were unwilling and I haven't got far in the Cyrpt, either. What is also weird, is that nowhere in my adventures has a powerful weapon dropped. Right now my strongest options are "little paper umbrella" and "skeleton bone", both power 30. One might think that a goblin pole-arm or spiked femur would've dropped too.

With over a hundred adventures in the bank, I'm looking forward to tomorrow and see if I can ascend. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I think I might possibly break Ronin then. I've already reached level 8 today, with the wrong drinks, so level 11 seems more than possible on a stat day and with all the various major stat boosters still in the game.