Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-30

Day 59: Almost there.

I was surprisingly close to ascending today. Lucky break from the Daily Dungeon gave me the final key. A lack of turns for levelling & familiar equipment broke me up, however. I get +10 from skills, so I only need around 25 kills plus the familiar equipment (which always takes ten turns), or 49 kills plus the lead necklace.

Fighting in the Castle and Hole in the Sky was a new experience with Wrath Serum and Blood of the Wereseal. One or two-hit killing of monsters (with headbutt) above the beanstalk just is very gratifying as a muscle class. I also used the Mafia Aria's in combination with Blood of the Wereseal. It's fun to discover these effects and the stacking of effects, which I never used before. It's also a lot less time-consuming than Spectral Snappering and just simply more the style of a muscle class.

For the Tower, I luckily didn't get the Desktop Globe, but I did have to farm for a razorsharp can-lid.

There's little that I see blocking my Ascension tomorrow.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 11
Crocodile Lord
Turns Played (this run): 1,280
Days Played (this run): 59