Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-28

Day 57: Which is actually a Nine.

Checking from my records, I started the day at 9, except it claims this was a 57 day run, counting from my last *recorded* ascension, it, of course, is.

So, after checking and, indeed, noticing I was broke, I investigated the new content. Not in the mood for speeding, I took my delicious time, but since it was suddenly, magically a muscle day, I did particularly well anyway.

The temporal rifts are hilarious. A nice peek into the past on the plains, with lots of humorous "you know what happens next" references. The Forest has a really cool sight gag, where all the current stuff is put into the pre-ascension space. The woods were epxanded back then, to give it a more roomy feel.
The Mysterious Island has a link to the future, where it's simply scorched earth.

I started the day adventuring in the one adventureable place at the other side of the temporal rift in the plains. Suddenly, I found myself in the middle of the cola wars of days yonder! I gathered costumes of both sides and fought both in and out of disguise. Hilarious references. I also did the Pretentious Artist and got tattoos for both the Cloaca and Dyspepsi Cola Uniforms. After I felt I had exhausted the new content, I continued my regular adventuring.

Daily Dungeon for a Boris Ring, The Goatlet for cheese, the eXtreme slope for the Cold-Weather Gear, to the Island for the Pirate Outfit and dictionary, to the untinkerer, into the Valley. I ate differently then planned, because of the huge bonus on muscle. Two knob sausage chow meins, one fettucini Inconnu, the spicy quesidilla and a hot wing. Eventually got one lowercase N, and called it a day in the valley and decide to move on.

Instead of fighting the regular Yeti, though, I went through the temporal rift in the Big Mountains, and fought on the Icy Peak there. Besides the benefits of scrolls of pasta summoning and mafia aria and such, I also didn't need to wear cold protection, so I could keep my good gear, instead of that crappy coldweather gear.

The funniest moment was when I used a mob penguin telephone. I was wondering whether it would have the old message and effect, or still the static. However, I got an entirely new and hilarious message! I laughed so hard that my coworkers looked funny.

I had used my piece of petrified time to smith pants. Nice to have those extra three adventures in hardcore.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9
Bullfrog Overseer
Turns Played (this run): 1,030
Days Played (this run): 57 -> No, 9, dammit, 9.