Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-25

Day 9: Over the Mountain, Past the Island, Into the Valley

As the title implies, I followed a linear path. Actually, the path was deterministic.
I adventured at the Goatlet, till I had six hunks of cheese and brought them to the tr4pz0r who gave me my new assignment. So, I had some eXtreme winter fun on the eXtreme slope, until I had the eXtreme cold-weather gear. With that the tr4pz0r was satisfied and I went to the Obligatory Pirate Cove to complete myself a Swashbuckling Getup. This was easily done. I had little faith in my chances fighting yeti, so I instead picked a fight with the Ninja Snowmen.

Upon reaching level 9, I quickly completed the Leaflet and spent just a few too many adventures getting an abridged dictionary in disguise. A quick visit with the untinker and I rolled into the Valley. Wearing penguin shorts and with the dictionary as weapon, I can dish out two hits, but suffer one hit in the process, about 12-24HP each. The HP increase and medicinal herbs really help here. I'm using Twitch, my Attention Deficit Demon, to help me gather the required scrolls for the 1337 h4xx0r quicker here. After I've summoned him, it's back to Grin Reaper, my Cheshire Bat.

I hope the lowercase n will also drop with prejudice.

On the side, I got a boris ring from the DD and have delivered a frozen mushroom to the mayor. She's named Madonna, as per a post a while ago.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9
Bullfrog Overseer
Turns Played (this run): 940
Days Played (this run): 9