Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-24

Day 9&10&11: Decision Decisions Decisions

Plotwise, it's kind of easy from here on. I can follow the linear path, which roughly goes over the mountain, through the valley, up the beanstalk. Or, I can decide to do the Zapruder sidequest at any time. I'm not particularly tempted, though I might fit it in after the Valley.

What is of importance, are my dietary decisions. Do I go for more moxie, or purely for muscle. How do I acquire enough noodles? Are there any advanced mushroom foods I might like to eat? Do I eat reagents, or save them for potions?
With my crafting skills, I can eat 3 noodle dishes a day, at least. They generate 15-18 fullness. Which leaves 2-5 fullness.
The second level mushroom foods look interesting to fill that gap.
- cream of pointy mushroom soup (pointy mushroom & glass of goat's milk) 35-40 moxie, 2 fullness
- spicy mushroom quesadilla (warm mushroom & flat dough) 35-40 muscle, 3 fullness
- cool mushroom casserole (cool mushroom & gnollish casserole dish) 35-40 mysticality, 4 fullness

My plan for tomorrow is to both boost muscle and moxie through eating, without having to resort to farming, at all. Here's the possible menu's, but they might change on the chef's whim.

Le menu du Jour Neuf:
Appetizer: spicy mushroom quesadilla
Main Meal: double portion of fettucini Inconnu
Side dish: knob sausage chow mein

Le menu du Jour Dix:
Main Meal: double portion of knob sausage chow mein
Side dish: gnochetti di Nietschze
Dessert: cool mushroom casserole

Le menu du Jour Onze (c'est ridicule, c'est ne pas amusant):
Appetizer: double portion of cream of pointy mushroom soup
Main Meal: fettucini Inconnu & gnochetti di Nietschze
Dessert: cool mushroom casserole

Another aspect that has come up now with a muscle class is my weapon. In previous runs, the choice was easy: kentucky-fried crossbow and star crossbbow were the staples. This run, I realize that I'm topping out, power-wise, with a linoleum sword, while a kentucky-fried meatsword would give me extra muscle. Here are the weapons that will still be of interest at some point (in order of becoming available):
linoleum sword (100) - HP +20, already gotten
Kentucky-fried meat sword (80) - Muscle +7, smithable
drywall axe (150) - finish Rofl'Mao quest
ridiculously huge sword (140) - Melee Damage +10, drops in the airship.
giant discarded plastic fork (155) - Turn the Wheel at the castle.
star sword (165) - Muscle +8, available after some adventuring in HitS

As far as I can see it, I should have forged the kentucky-fried meat sword a while ago, but it will still be useful. The drywall axe will be neat until I get the ridiculously huge sword. I'm hard pushed to use the giant discarded plastic fork, but we'll see. If my initiative + muscle strategy keeps holding up at the high level, I'll be going star sword, ASAP.

Other equipment.
I'll smith the regular pieces of pants (penguin, furry) and bucklers (penguin skin or hippotamus) at the time.

I'm off to cook and have Innabox smith for me. And I might override this planning post any time soon.