Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-24

Day 8: Mystical Burps

Today was Mysticality Day, which meant easy MP recovery. Which I used to my advantage by using Chronic Indigestion on basically any opponent.

The Daily Dungeon had no fight encounters and only yielded a jarlsberg earring, kinda disappointing. The Digital Key was quickly begotten. Fighting in the Cyrpt was tough. Especially if you don't take that stainless steel scarf off (made that mistake a couple of times). Luckily it was a clover day, and I used that to farm for spices. A diet of four chow meins a day makes me run low on noodles. I ate two bat wing, one rat appendix and one knob sausage chow mein. That's about a hundred adventures. Hurray!

After I got chrome ore from the mines, I wasn't moxious enough yet for a helmet turtle, but I realized I had to use the angry lihc face anyway, to stand a chance against the Bonerdagon. I slowly worked my way, chronically indigesting and ocassionally headbutting through the Cyrpt. After I had defeated all the sub-bosses, I finished the ore-mining part of the tr4pz0r quest. Whenever I was beat up, I spend my time with a stainless steel scarf at the Knob Goblin Kitchens with Twitch.

It was so difficult to decide, whether or not to take on the Bonerdagon. I decided to go for it. I even PvP'ed someone for a flower. Then I realized I had no more room for pie. Oh well. I used some candy from south of the border, slapped on some hairspray, fully healed both HP and MP, equipped my linoleum sword, put on the angry lihc face and charged in...

...and he got the jump on me. Ouch! I immediately unleashed my secret weapon. I had also sneakily obtained a couple of knob goblin stink bombs. The first was a direct hit :-). Then he hit me again. I held no bars and used my chronic indigestion and... Ryan, my dodecapede! A few rounds later, I was quite hurt, but the bonerdagon defeated triumphantly. With the usage of his chest, I could now wear my chrome helmet turtle and I put on the badass belt. Time to pick fights with goats.

I already have three pieces of cheese and need to think of a strategy for tomorrow. Time to put on my dead guy's watch and think.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Salamander Subduer
Turns Played (this run): 815
Days Played (this run): 8