Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-23

Day 7: Chowing Down

I followed the plan and started off with some holidays. The fifth trip even gave me a barbed-wire fence. The hippies were surprisingly cooperative, as well. Then I accidentally thought that the basis for rat appendix chow mein was Knoll Stir fry. So, I ate two Knob Sausage Stir-Fry and a spicy jumping bean burrito.. What I was thinking, well I had been on the reagent food program for a while, so I hadn't correctly counted fullness.

Next up, I killed the Goblin King. The massive amount of hitpoints really gives the muscle class a chance. Healing up with Medicinal herbs makes it even more fun. I powered my way through the Copse of the Fat Friars and finally ate a rat appendix chow mein. I've planted some extra spooky spores, so I can eat some tomorrow as well.

The Daily Dungeon was almost forgotten, but not quite, so I got apathized and a Jarlsberg Key. Some tending to my mushroom plot was next. I'm hoping I did it right and was too lazy to look it up.

With all those ends tied up, I put on my stainless steel scarf and started hacking away at Pixel Creatures. I already have 4 potions, but I still need the Digital Key. I realized I had some stomach room left, when typing this up, so I made a shroomkabob (all I could do with no turns to farm for spices) and spent those extra 2 adventures pixelhunting as well.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Iguana Driver
Turns Played (this run): 664
Days Played (this run): 7

p.s. Bloody Innabox can't smith helmet turtles...
p.p.s I'm exactly one day behind schedule my previous Hardcore run, where I had spent 664 turns at the end of day 6, instead of day 7. Note that I also had a chow mein breakthrough there :-)