Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-17

Day 11: Mad Dash!

I did everything as preplanned. I munched on the quality foods, including the freshly farmed rat appendix dish. Then I adventured a bit more in the Giant Castle with Twitch and got the wolf mask and turned the wheel to Moxiousness. So, I took the plunge, and with Orangish Aphrodisiac potions I could easily deal with the monsters in the Hole-in-the-Sky.

The only one that needed some magical putting in place was the Astronomer.

I reached level 11 and it was on to the Lair. I still didn't have enough moxie to wear the Star Crossbow. Luckily, a few adventures in the Castle gave me the stat adventure. I worked my way up the lair and found out I didn't have a protophotoneutron torpedo, nor frigid ninja stars. The torpedo took some adventuring, but it gave me also some meat and healing bonus. At the top, I still lacked a moxie-point, so I spent about 8 adventures training for that with Snirf, the world's sneakiest gnome.

The challenges from the Tower Room went fine, except I was running low on adventures and meat. A yard sale from inventory and a few IPA from the Microbrewery provided relief and I levelled up the two familiars in record time (thanks to Xylpher.

For the battle itself, I really had to dig into autoselling my inventory and confronted her with my dodecapede, two kickback cookbooks, flaming talons, furry pants, wand of nagamar, goth kid shirt, wolf mask. Of course I also had the assorted stuff to throw (plot holes) and heal (Doc Galactik Homeopathic Elixir). I defeated her on the first run, and was pleased with her low blocking rate. Although she had way more hitpoints than I cared for. And Ryan wasn't very active either.

After the defeat, I celebrated with a few white canadians, untinkered my meat car, put a tiny plastic sauceror in the museum, unpacked my gifts and jumped into the gash.

Keypunch (#30036)
Ascended as: Level 11 Sauceror, hardcore, no path, under the Packrat sign in 1361 turns, spread out over 11 days.