Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-17

Day 9: Ascension Ahoy!

First things first. If I'm to ascend at all, I need a wand. I'll take my Crimbo Elfling to the Valley and see how long it takes before I have a lowercase N.

Foodwise, I would like to eat as little as possible, so I can put in those herb brownies. The same goes for drinking, so I have liver left for White Canadians.

If I *do* need to eat, here's the menu:
* lucky surprise egg (I'll eat this anyway)
* candy cane
* candy cane
* hell ramen
* hell ramen

The 6th tower monster could very well be the dreaded cow. I'll have no option other than to continue to visit the moxious shore, seeing as how I blew up my wand, yesterday.

The Lock, Bolt and Shadow I take for granted. Then it's Familiar Fighting time. It seems familiar, but I still like to do some math here.
Required level is 20. I already have 11 pounds (empathy, sympathy, tiny plastic familiar) taken care off. That means 9 pounds per familiar to be reached.
9 * 9 = 81 kills required. 81 / 5 ~ 17 fights won. Yet, after 10 fights I get a reward.
Let's assume it's a lead necklace. I only need to reach level 6 then. 6 * 6 = 36 kills. 36 / 5 ~ 8 fights won.
This means that if I fight 9 times with the first familiar, then force a lead necklace to drop on the tenth fight, I only need to fight 8 times with the other, for a grand total of only 18 turns. If the familiarspecific item would drop, I would have to fight at least 20 turns. 2 turns saved!

Then there's her Naughtiness herself. How do I dress for the occassion? Wolf Mask, Goth Kid Shirt, Wand of Nagamar and Furry Pants are a given. Since I don't have much spellpower or other accessories available, I'm going to wear an acid-squirting flower and two flaming talons. My tactic will be to plothole her and use some regular attacks, intermingled with LTS and healing potions. I hope my dodecapede will take care of the brunt of the damagedealing. The acid-squirting flower will keep her on her toes while she attacks me.

After defeating her Naughtiness:
I want to get a decent PvP-rank, so I can scrounge up 3 reagents, farm for gr8pes with my Elfling and buff up with gr8ness, grapefruit, arse-a-fire, hairspray and goofballs.

Then I can break the prism and spend any remaining turns farming the Yeti.

Ascension:
The skill I'll keep is Elemental Saucesphere. My new run will be Seal Clubber, Teetotal, Oppossum, Hardcore.