Hardcore Happenings

2006-07-14

eXtreme.....ly stupid

Yesterday, I defied the elements to be able to make it a good run. And I was pretty good at it. I got the wand, zapped a jarlsberg earring into a key, tied up all the other loose ends, etc.

It was really rough to work on my laptop, clinging to the building from which I could steal wireless network, while wind was blowing all around me.

That was eXtreme!

Today, everything went pretty dandy as well. The only snag I ran into was that it took a long time for a giant needle to drop. But the second raver giant after equipping my Crimbo Elf finally participated.

With that all settled, it looked as if I could easily ascend tomorrow. And then I did the stupidity. First I zapped one of the keys, because I had jarlsberg and sneaky pete, and would love to have Boris to get more muscle.

And then, I thought "I surely can get another zap". Even though I have armorcrafting (and actually don't even need that whole furry suit to defeat the NS), I zapped a wolf mask. BOOOM!

This means that
1) If I run into a cow, I'll have to shore for a fence.
2) I'll need a daily dungeon key. For which I could still just try today, after using one adventure to mix a shot of orange schnapps and getting 2 adventures back.
And then I clicked on the "Dungeon of Doom". But the calendar had told me that there were two skeleton key doors...and of course my key broke at the first one.
SCHEISSE.

Although I still have chances if a) I get the key I want tomorrow, b) I don't meet the cow (or get a barbed-wire fast if I do), I've made it difficult for myself and so reliant on dumb luck now. There goes my shoe-in 6-day run.

Signed,
Keypunch