Hardcore Happenings

2006-12-21

A fresh new start

With a rather easy, I dare even say sedate, tower and sorceress experience, I without too much expense or hassle, continued to level in the Gallery up to 13. I might have optimized in some way and gotten to 14, but I was content as it is.

Instead of picking a useful skill (such as Hide of the Walrus), I selected Northern Exposure. It will save me 10 MP per ascension. Perhaps a tiny bit more for the DD. But there you have its use.

The new run took 27 turns, some of which were superfluous.
10 fights in the Arena
3 dives in the sewer
1 for a mosquito
3 for a stolen accordion
10 in the spooky fright factory (this was mostly superfluous, but helped me get a minor edge for PvP).

After that, I jumped into my time sleigh for some good consumption through the various Crimbo's. Which gave me, besides a sugar rush, a good solid 176 adventures (including +40 for rollover) for tomorrow (stat day!) to play with.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 3 Parsley Enchanter (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 27
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Platypus

I always love the low-level outfits. They are usually so far more kitchen-sink than a high-level, where it's all so typical.

hat: helmet turtle
weapon: saucepan (CLANG)
offhand: joybuzzer (haha)
pants: mariachi pants
acc: club necklace
acc: tiny plastic gift-wrapping vampire

Can't wait to see the other tiny plastics. I'm hoping "Thing from beyond" is one of them.