Hardcore Happenings

2006-12-25

Merry Crimbo!

It's Crimbo :-) I've been unpacking my gifts, and they are cool. I got a cute Tiki Lighter and a Ukelele.

Even though I got myself beat up...a lot, I'm making great progress. Considering that tomorrow is another moxie day, I've got the audacious nerve to consider it possible to defeat the Sorceress on the third Hardcore day. This, however, does require a lot of RNG good will, since the sheer number of required adventures may intervene. A 4-dayer, however, seems more than likely.

To set it up, I've done the DD today. For tomorrow, I need to:
- Get rid of that turn of teleportitis.
- Do the tr4pz0r quest and eat my precooked foods (spaghetti, 2 hell ramen and probably bat haggis) with a glass of goat's milk.
- I should try to get the wand in the meantime, aiming to use mining and holidays to get rid of (excess) teleportitis.
- Finish off the Bonerdagon
- Use an itemdropper to get the required scrolls (Shaman!)
- Race through the airship and castle and HitS (Shaman!).
- Don't forget I can get wind-up clocks and Magical Mystery Juice from the stores.

Sadly, I'm going for level 30. If I make a 3-dayer, however, I will reacend softcore, because DAMN...I'm not going to let that one slip. I've already logged two four-dayers, so I'll let that one slide.

Also, I'm thinking that the Scarf hurts me more than that it helps me. 4 stats/turn extra, vs. a couple of beat ups.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9 Hurdy-Gurdy Hooligan (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 311
Days Played (this run): 2
Sign: The Opossum