Hardcore Happenings

2006-12-07

No such luck

My 4-day dream was shattered quite early into the run, when I fished for the dictionary. A total of 4 drunkeness took up the space of a calle de miel I had been saving up for the ocassion. The advent calendar was also non-helpful by giving an ancient unspeakable fruitcake. A candy cane, bugbear horror or spooky eggnog, all would've helped, but the fruitcake was useless. Not that this was a dealbreaker, like the 4 drunkeness.

What was a dealbreaker was not getting an awful poetry journal drop, until late in the game.

What could've been a dealbreaker if my luck hadn't been slightly rotten, was not always paying attention while switching the lead necklace. Or that handful of times I got beaten up.

In the end, I'm in a very, very good position to free the Sorceress tomorrow, and begin heavy levelling after that. Such a shame I didn't take Impetuous Sauciness last run, that would make it a lot easier and cheaper.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10 Vibe Robber (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 720
Days Played (this run): 4
Sign: The Opossum