Hardcore Happenings

2006-12-06

Old Skool

Well, that was mostly old-school playing. The only thing really problematic was keeping my MP up. I used a lot of tonic water (16 or so), using the last 4 still lights for supercocktails.

The Yuletide troll and Crimbo Elf are both basically full weight (18 and 19, respectively). The troll just doesn't regenerate MP reliably enough. Nor HP, but that's far less of a problem.

I made major gains, thanks to the gallery. Of all the goals I pondered (Island Access, Level 9, Bonerdagon, tr4pz0r quest, Zapping Wand, DD key) I only didn't get the Island Access completed. I did spend 2 vacations and got a barbed-wire fence on the second one, which is neat.

I used my zap not to zap a ruby W, but rather to zap my Gimlet. Which turned into a Mae West. Which I drunk to complete the day.

With a chrome crossbow and a dead guy's watch, I'll be getting a boost in the adventure department as well. Ascension tomorrow? Probably not. Would be a record too! Four days. And with such weird preparation.

I'm going to toss it on a more acceptable five, perhaps even six. If it turned out to be four, I'd cut my level 30 attempt short to get it in the record books.

PvP? 25 out of 25, thank you for asking.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9 Groove Filcher (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 505
Days Played (this run): 3
Sign: The Opossum