Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-07

Day 4: Sorceress O'Naughty

Well, the easy ride really started after getting a few smiles of Mr. A. The giants were no trouble whatsoever that way. Mostly it was a boring exercise in gaining stats. Up the Entrance, Courtyard and Tower was another easy ride. Even though the Topiary Golems were quite snatchy. Solved the puzzle in one go, beat the familiars without getting beat up.

I had theorized there might be a Trophy for fighting the NS with a non-combat familiar. There's no Trophy for beating her with a Leprechaun. The fight basically consisted of alternating Streams of Sauce (the weakest spell attack) with using Doc Galactik's. I had a surprisingly high rate of succes with both. Three enchanted toothpicks meant that each succesful hit did slightly under 60 points of damage. Doc Galactik's healed me for about 17-19 HP, while her hits only hurt me for 6-9. Easy. Peasy.

After defeating her, I spent the remaining 70 or so turns farming the Peak. A nice 50k or so to refill the warchest. I did forget to put a Tiny Plastic Sauceror extra into the museum, or to untinker my meat car. Oh well, I reincarnated as Pastamancer, taking the Gnomish Hardigness skill. Four down, one to go!