Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-18

Day 8: Shaken, not stirred

Today was hardly as eventful as yesterday, but then again, I had no turns saved up. Also, even with the extensive list, I had no clear goals. The Daily Dungeon rewarded me with Apathy and a Boris Ring. Some adventuring at the "Fun" House gave me a much-wanted disease.

Next I thought I'd hit up the Island. I took me 10 (!) turns to fetch a trinket (one of them returned spices, though). The hermit didn't have clovers, not that I particularly wanted to spend more time doing spice cycle, but still, a pity. I got the planks and set sail for the Island, where I wavered a bit between the frat house and the hippies. For a long time I only got corduroys and decorative fountains, but at last, I got some herbs, as well. I realized I needed to buy an oven to cook those with spices, which I did, and consequently sold again. A costly affair, but the kentucky-fried meat crossbow is mine!

I tried my hand at the Cyrpt, but even with a wussiness potion spent, I got beat up by the Ghuol mini-boss, so I took a moxie vacation and hit up the Island again. I did get some booze and also the final part of the hippie outfit, but no feng shui. Drinking dry martini's from the Microbrewery and also soda water to keep the Empathy going had been a bit of a drain on my resources. I spent my final adventures at the Knob Goblin Treasury, to gain the meat for Advanced Cocktailcrafting, but I didn't get enough meat to be able to have my last drink be home-mixed.

I did, however, gain level 8 in the final adventure, so I will be mixing it up with the goats tomorrow.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Jam Horker
Turns Played (this run): 626
Days Played (this run): 8