Hardcore Happenings

2005-11-09

Day 1: Can you feel a brand new day?

After picking Eye of the Stoat as skill, I jumped into another run of Hardcore.

Starting out on a myst day is nice, but mainly, I like the fact that, contrary to my previous run, I will actually have primary stat days in it. I miss starting off with three pieces of pate, but I think I did okay, nonetheless.

I chose to go for a barskin tent. Seeing as how it is unlikely that one is able to go on muscle holidays and even less likely that you end up with a piece of anticheese, the gap between installing the newbiesport tent and the house is just too big. And, for the few turns, the barskin tent is actually a 100% improvement upon the tent. In the past, I've mostly used the tent to restore MP, when I was too lazy/poor to go to the market for soda water. (For HP the Medicinal Herbs and Doc Galactik's are efficient enough, for the time the MP lasts). With a newbiesport tent, you need to rest 6 turns to get the MP for the full reagent&noodle supply. The barskin only takes 3. Quite an improvement.

I also chose to go for the smile-sharpening stone and level up my Coffee Pixie (Buzz) with the other arena fights. Although, I must say, that I see the logic of people going deliberately for the lead necklace, especially now switching it between familiars has become much less of a hassle, since it can all be done from the familiar screen.

Also, with the change in PvP, I'm going to break my hippy stone, first thing in the morning. I surely might lose some stats, but no adventures, when attacking. And I can make pretty bouquets with the flowers. It's sure to put a bit more spice into my game goals.

Also also, planning post coming up.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 4
Ermine Thumper
Turns Played (this run): 120
Days Played (this run): 1