Hardcore Happenings

2005-11-05

Day 6: Muscle Rush

I did a lot as planned, but also realized why I had planned not to stare blind on power-levelling in the first place; it creates pressure and frustration.

The Daily Dungeon delivered the final desired key (woot!), so I could also donate to the hall. Slowly fighting my way up the mountain, I dropped in on the Bonerdagon with the help of my Temporal Riftlet and thrust-smacked the Bonerdagon to dust. Further up the mountain, I first tried my hand at Yeti/Penguins in the past, but eventually settled on fighting Yeti's in the modern day. Much more meat and slightly better stats (even with Blood Flower adventures).

I used up Medicinal Herbs at an alarming rate, but eventually, with a bit of donation to the hall (but after buying Powers of Observation and Tongue of the Otter), I reached level 9 and got the Leaflet. My adventures were nearly gone, though.

Adventuring with the Pirates even gave me extra drunkenness, but luckily, I had taken some margin. Thundering into the valley, I took out Twitch and was very lucky to get all the needed scrolls in the last handful of adventures.

Which concluded the triple whammy of stat boosters...on a stat day. My optimism about reaching level 10 was misplaced though...that's a far cry away. I might not even make it tomorrow. There's a slim chance I might have succeeded at that, had it been muscle day, but it was not. My progress is still impressive to me, though.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9
Caribou Smacker
Turns Played (this run): 874
Days Played (this run): 6

p.s. The Plague has been cured.