Hardcore Happenings

2005-11-02

Day 3: Adventuring with Training Wheels

Still not completely recovered from the defeats by the Goblin King, I took it easy today and focused on the little things. I got a Jarlsberg key from the Dungeon. Two out of three in two days ain't bad. I ate some Gnocchetti di Nietschze, because I could and then took a trip to South of the Border. I mean, why not go there and see that part of the Kingdom? I made a spicy jumping bean burrito to fill up the last fullness.

The Gnomish Microbrewery promised Tequila with Training Wheels and I went for it. A bit of adventuring in the Treasury easily financed it. The most of my time, however, was spent facing 8-bit monsters. There was a severe lack of red pixels. And then suddenly, there's an Octoroc. So, now I have 5 red pixel potions, as well as a bunch of green and blue ones.

In my final adventures, I tried to get a Hippy Outfit, which I succeeded in, except that the hippies were fierce opposition. I was too lazy to combine my plunger into an autoplunger and then I realized I could make a kentucky-fried meat sword. I have the herbs, but I need the spices. No clover day at the hermit, alas, so it'll have to wait, at least, till tomorrow.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Narwhal Pummeler
Turns Played (this run): 449
Days Played (this run): 3