Hardcore Happenings

2005-11-09

Day 10: Too close for comfort

So, I had thought today would be a shoe-in. Especially after I discovered it was clover day. I munched down three lucky surprise eggs, made the stone banjo, whacked a few Topiary Golems while high on wrath serum, that sort of stuff.

Then I hit the tower. First level: Perpendicular Globe. I hadn't seen that guy in a while. I checked my inventory. I knew I didn't have a second lowercase N, but what I hadn't counted on, was that I didn't have an Original G. Did I sell those? Anyway, I headed off into the valley.

After a few adventures, my first pr0n. No lowercase n. More adventures, no pr0n. Finally, a pr0n...no lowercase n. It took close to 70 adventures when finally on my 5th pr0n, a lowercase n dropped. And this was with a 25+-pound Attention-Deficit Demon, Mad Looting Skillz, Powers of Observatiogn and the packrat sign.

Luckily, I got my original G on my first Alphabet Giant, even if it took 15 or so adventures to appear (one of which was a wheel-adventure).

From here on, it was easy going. The rest of the tower posed no problems, levelling up the familiars was efficient (after all, 16 out of 20 pounds were already taken care off by externals). Thanks to the lowercase n, I also had three, instead of one set of flaming talons. It took three combat rounds for the first form, and can't have been more than 6 for the second form. That was pretty neat.

After freeing the King, I ate 3 herb brownies (all the place I had left in my stomach) and jumped into Ascension. Again forgetting to mind the museum, untinker the meatcar and whatever, but hey :-)

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 11 Reindeer Threatener
Ascended in 1421 turns, spread out over 10 days. Hardcore, no Path.