Hardcore Happenings

2006-08-03

The Future of Runs

I have been thinking about the future of my runs.

Currently:
Turtle Tamer, HC, Mongoose, Oxygenarian. (Skill to Keep: Wisdom of the Elder Tortoises)
Next:
Accordion Thief, HC, Oppossum, Teetotal-drop (Skill to Keep: Antiphon), and Go for Golden Meat Stack

After that there are several paths. One the one hand I want the Disco Bandit cool cocktail-crafting skills for hardcore (A). I also have this idea I might go on a series of Teetotal trips with the muscle classes and get my absorption up (B), or even simply get my Seal Clubber skill set expanded (C).
There's also the option of going on the Elemental Protection series of runs (D). And finally there's the thought I could get "monster/event" manipulation skills (E) going.

Here's the lists:


A:
Disco Bandit (Super-Human Cocktailcrafting) ->
Disco Bandit (Advanced Cocktailcrafting) ->
Disco Bandit (Self-preservation)

B:
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Hide of the Walrus) ->
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Hide of the Otter) ->
Turtle Tamer Teetotal-drop (Skin of the Leatherback)

C:
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Pulverize) ->
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Musk of the Moose) ->
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Northern Exposure) ->
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Hide of the Walrus) ->
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Claws of the Otter) ->
Seal Clubber (Seal Clubbing Frenzy)

D:
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Northern Exposure) ->
Turtle Tamer Teetotal (Cold-blooded Fearlessness) ->
Disco Bandit (Heart of Polyester) ->
Pastamancer (Tolerance of the Kitchen) ->
Sauceror (Diminished Gag Reflex)

E:
Seal Clubber Teetotal (Musk of the Moose) ->
Disco Bandit (Smooth Movement) ->
Accordion Thief (Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation) ->
Accordion Thief (The Sonata of Sneakiness)
(this last option might require some tuning in order)

The thing is, I maybe should instead simply pay more attention to moon alignments and base my runs on that. I mostly have all the skills to be able to make a good time ascending. A and especially E will probably improve my times, as might C, although I'm in a pretty good combat state already. D and B are way more conceptual in their approach to runs.

Another thing to note is that I might put in a softcore run before the series of runs (after getting the golden meat stack), simply to get some extra stuff like the Hippie and 99 balloon trophies, extra tattoo's and whatnot.

[update]

I just realized there's also a "hi mein in HC" run (F).

F:
Seal Clubber (Pulverize)
Pastamancer (Transcedental Noodlecraft)
Sauceror (The Way of Sauce)

This could be combined with (A) to make a cool "food and booze" run:

AF:
Seal Clubbber (Pulverize) ->
Turtle Tamer (Cold-blooded Fearlessness) (optional) ->
Disco Bandit (Super Human Cocktailcrafting) ->
Disco Bandit (Advanced Cocktailcrafting) ->
Accordion Thief (Ode to Booze) ->
Pastamancer (Transcedental Noodlecraft) ->
Sauceror (Way of the Sauce)