Hardcore Happenings

2006-08-05

The Lone Mod

Adventuring was pretty decent, I beat the Bonerdagon, but I'm short two shysterweeds. Ugh. I also got that rare weapon that people do crave in HC: spiked femur!

Why is a spiked femur so nice, you wonder? Well, for starter's, it's one-handed. That means you can use it with other items equipped.

Secondly it's got 100-power. Except for the titanium assault umbrella, I think that's the most powerful a one-handed item can get. And you can get it at level 7! The next one-handed weapon of that strength only comes at level 10.
The next good thing is the fact that it gives a melee damage bonus (great in combination with LTS). The bonus is +6, which is pretty major (*3 = 18!). And what's even better is that it's SPOOKY. Now considering that at level 8 you will be fighting Yeti's, which are of the cold element, you will be dealing double damage against them as well!.

In short: 1-handed, powerful, extra melee damage, spooky = YETI-DEATH.

In other news, during the Dutch Saturday afternoon, there's a lack of mods. For whiles, I was even completely on my own. That sort of power goes to my head too easily :-). Not too bad, though, since due to school holidays too many jackasses which would've been constrained by their education get to wreak their particular brand of havoc on the chats.