Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-07

Booze Hunt

I had written an entire planning post yesterday detailing my booze strategy, but Blogger was uncooperative. I'll give you the highlights here. Weighing all ups and downs, I eventually settled on going for supercocktails by opening up the Island, and using the Booze Giants as basis. It would be very tight, but manageable, with a bit of (clover) luck.

And tight it was, I was a bit inefficient with my summoned snowcones, as well as very low on meat (borderline broke), but I pulled it off. I eventually had to barrel for booze instead of dealing with the Giants, because it was just too tight. I ended up drinking a Vodka Stratocaster, a Tangarita, Perpendicular Hula (Advanced Drink), Teqiwila Slammer, Bottle of Domesticated Turkey, and will finish off with another Vodka Stratocaster. From the first two drinks I got about 30 adventures, slightly less than half of which I subsequently spent on mixing and gathering the other booze. It's obvious I need Ode to compensate for that effect!

I've managed to clear the Cyprt, except for the Big Boss. I might have had a shot at taking him on, but failure would've been costly. Since I can't outmoxie him, I should've relied on 1 or 2 LTS coming through. Maybe it was not a smart move, but hey, conservatism is worth something.

Another annoying thing is that I haven't been able to open up the library. Lots of pooltergeists and chalk dust wraiths, but no "Minnesota Incorporeals". I might give up, which will have made the whole excercise a bit of a waste.

I've reached level 8 and have the Miner's Outfit, but not enough turns left to farm pieces of chrome. I will do that tomorrow. I'm still no fan of going up the Peak, and would rather slied through the Gallery, but it is as it is.

I'll make a planning post after this.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8 Button Box Burglar
Turns Played (this run): 271
Days Played (this run): 2
Sign: The Marmot
Path: Boozetafarian (Hardcore)

P.s. PvP was a struggle as well, lost 2 fights, which hurts stats...Blegh.