Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-06

Moxie Day a Go Go, Part Deux:: Electric Boogaloo

During lunch, I got attacked once, and lost (won 2 stat matches, though) :-/.

After that I ascended, but the title is somewhat misleading, as I ascended as Accordion Thief, not Disco Bandit, but it'll have to do.

Remember how I described the starting day of my previous run as the prelude to a record-breaker? Well today is DOUBLE that. Seriously.

A fun discovery, that gives a nice synergy: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody and Superhuman Cocktailcrafting. You can improve "soda water" to "tonic water", and because of Magical Mojomuscular Melody, you won't have to spill a drop. This allowed me to keep a lot of buffs going, right from the get-go, with a minimum of meat expenditure. And, with the boosting powers of three single-barrel whiskeys, this gave me an enormous head start. Another fun benefit is the ability to summon 5 garnishes, which serve a nice dual function as equipment. Right up to the Goblin King, the best hat I had was the coconut shell, many fights were fought with magical ice cubes, and darn-it, my luck didn't provide me with a little paper umbrella, or it would've been my mainstay weapon. Now, I actually had to buy a sweet ninja sword to compensate.

On top of that the boozes provided by the Typical Tavern, and shortly thereafter availing myself of a Liver of Steel made my day complete. In fact, I think I had to backtrack there to the Knoll for the meat car. After disposing of the Boss Bat and Goblin King in between (and finding some Larvae), I had a bit of a void going on. Luckily, I remembered to pixel farm, and managed to keep in the meat just for long enough to get the digital key. My final handful of turns were spent in a vain attempt to gain entrance to the Gallery. I did get a pool cue, and a lot of chalk dust, but my final achievement of the day was reaching level 7 (!).

Well, that, and winning all my PvP fights, of course.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7 Concertina Con Artist
Turns Played (this run): 159
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Marmot
Path: Boozetafarian (HC)