Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-01

Comedy of Errors

Well, any ideas about records should be put on hold for a while, as I've started bumbling.

I forgot to make tonic waters yesterday. Completely. My excuse is that I was preoccupied with painting my house.

Today, I learned a lot. The hard way. For starters, that in the early part of a run, with little to no access to fruit or garnishes, it might actually be more profitable to go for the middle rows of the Barrel, because using the basic booze that drops there to make improve spirits has a better adventure gain than the advanced cocktailcrafting bases of the top row.

e.g. A bottle of Definit has better adventure gains than a screwdriver.

Also, the lemon party slot is not a good place to farm for fruit, really. In 10 adventures, I lost 100 meat and gained: a lime (unuseable for superhuman or advanced drinks), a lemon, and a orange. Next time I'll try the menagerie.

I also made a few *true* errors, which probably cost me my Liver. For example, I continued to farm at the dark elbow of the woods after I had gotten the butter knife for quite a few turns. I ran out of turns before I could get the dodecagram, after discovering this.

All of this also means no DD item (although I did get a Boris Ring yesterday). And to add insult to injury, I only discovered I wasn't wearing my Stainless Steel pants when I started PvP!

At least I will have my Liver of Steel tomorrow.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6 Sample Swindler
Turns Played (this run): 278
Days Played (this run): 3
Sign: The Marmot
Path: Boozetafarian (Hardcore)