Hardcore Happenings

2006-09-22

A brand new wave

So, I'm back in the game again. Playing it cool, like a groovin' Disco Bandit.

My day 1 achievements were somewhat unfocused, but not altogether unsatisfying.
- Almost killed the boss bat
- Almost got the meat car
- Almost got a rock 'n roll legend
- Almost mixed an Advanced Drink on day 1

But, hey, that's a whole lot of almosts.

Now, then, let's focus.
My food and booze regimen has primary priority. For food, two reagent dishes and some other dish is the way to go. Especially since I've got a chef's hat, which means that I can make an 'in-the-box'. Either insanely spicy burritos or delicious spicy noodle dishes seem the way to go.
For booze, I'm thinking that, for now, the barrels of the best bet. Hopefully I can upgrade the drinks with my garnishes.

Going to White Citadel, getting a boat and having access to the hippy store also seem important things to do in these regards.

Standard stuff like killing the Boss Bat, the Goblin King and getting a Liver is obvious.

So, what's the plan, Dan?
a) Kill the boss bat, buy a cocktail shaker with the proceeds.
b) Acquire a Rock 'n Roll Legend.
c) Make a chef-in-the-box.
d) Farm for food and booze, cook 'em, mix 'em, eat 'em, drink 'em.
e) Finish the cart.
f) Goblin King.
g) Choice time: Either visit the Shore, visit the Friars or visit White Citadel.
Either choice is costly in meat and adventures.
My instincts say Friars, and gotta go with my instincts.

The thing is, this is not the ultimate speed run. I can afford to slack 1 or 2 days, due to incompetency.